Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reward vs Damage

What a couple of days. Had a couple of small rewards with the choices I have made the past few days. By continuing everyday to make the choice to get out of bed and exercise I have been reminded that, yes, I do still have some muscles. They have been very vocal about their displeasure of having been woke up from several years of sleep. As a result, I am getting up from chairs a little slower so that the muscles can take naps during the day. That way they will be ready for their morning work . I have finished most of the project I was working on, which is good. I have also made the choice to try something that I have always wanted to learn, that is Knitted Lace. My grandmother made knitted lace doilies and I thought they were so beautiful, but they also looked very hard to make. This time I made the choice to face my fears and give it a try and so far not to bad. I have only had to start over once. Hey, with my new found positive attitude it will be a piece of cake! Progress reports will be coming. All these choices will bring rewards.
Some events that happened to people I know over the past couple of days has reminded me that not all choices will bring rewards or positive feedback. Some of our choices will bring damage into our lives and the lives of those around us. I think that is why it is so important to make sure a person takes their time and weighs out as many aspects of a choice as possible. We need to realize that choices do have effects on those around us, good and bad. I know that we can never plan for everything but we should make sure that we look a couple different sides of things. With that in mind I am going really think the major choices in my life.
.,

No comments:

Post a Comment