Sunday, January 16, 2011

Almost a week now

Can't believe that it has been a week already since I started this little experiment. I have been taking some baby steps in making the choices that will make a difference in my life. The thing is, I hadn't realized how I had let go of the responsibility of making choices. I just seemed to do nothing, which is a choice, but I always made excuses or let myself believe that others had more power than I did. There are so many things in my life that I want to change. Mostly because I didn't used to be this way. I think I remember myself being able to get so much more done in a day(not sure if old age is just enhancing my memory). I think if I were completely honest with myself, I would have to say I have let myself become lazy. This is the biggest thing I want to change. I want to make the choices that will keep me focused and actively working on the things in my life I need to accomplish. So I want to add another couple of choices that I am sure(positive thoughts and language) will make me happier and will help in my relationship with those around me. Giving an old saying a different twist, "When momma is happy everyone is happy".
This past weekend I had a visit from one of my daughters and three of my grandchildren. While they were here I looked through some old pictures that came to my house from my mom and dad. I have felt that I really need to go through them and get labels on them. So this is my new choice. I am going to get the containers taken care of. I have decided that this week I am choosing to start small, just one box, labeled and divided into separate containers. I know i can do this.
The other choice I am going to make is to drastically cut my time in the company of Television. I have allowed it to sap my self worth. I know it will mean not being in the same room as my husband as much but maybe this choice will rub off on him. I am visualizing all the things I can accomplish with this reclaimed time.
Well another week ahead of making great choices, I will report progress made.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that it is old age mom because I know that I used to get a whole lot more done. I like your comment on just making baby steps. I often don't do something because I only see the daunting task of doing it all in one sitting rather than taking a little at a time. Well...I better get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the saying "Eat the Frog". If you ate a frog first thing in the morning, everything else would seem easy. Pick the biggest task and do it first, then everything else will be easy.

    ReplyDelete