Monday, January 10, 2011

Day One

I think I spent most of the night trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take this blog and the choice I made was to just see where it went. You never know it just might take on a life of it's own and surprise us all.
With that in mind, I spent the day just observing myself. I know that sounds strange, but how often do we take time to really pay attention to what we do and how we do things. I came to the conclusion that most of the choices I make during the day are almost done on auto pilot. Something comes up and I just automatically make a choice without any thought about it at all. I guess this is where having a positive attitude can really make a difference. If I have a positive attitude or outlook it stands to reason that these auto pilot choices will be of a more positive direction.
My day is filled with so many small choices, will I get out of bed right as soon as I wake up, or will I talk myself into just a couple more minutes of sleep. What will I fix for breakfast, what will I put in Dad's lunch, and on and on. I have decided to do a little revamp of my mornings to see if I do a positive change in the mornings will that choice make a difference in the rest of my day.
I have made the choice to change just a couple little things. First- I will get up as soon as I wake up instead of trying to talk myself in to some more sleep. I usually don't go back to sleep anyway, and end up with a back ache for staying in bed to long. Second- When I get up I am going to get dressed right away. I don't remember ever seeing my mom fixing breakfast in her robe when I was little. She always was the first to get out of bed in the mornings and would get ready for the day. This included hair fixed, her makeup on ect. all before she started breakfast. Maybe this took some stress away because no matter what, she never had to say, "Just a minute, I have to get dressed." She was ready. Third- I want to start doing some sort of exercise program in the morning. If I do that I am going to have to switch the order a bit, Wake up, exercise, and then get ready. This all has to be done before 6:15. NO PROBLEM!
Now to choose what to do for exercise. Right now I think I will use the elliptical machine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will do a short exercise video on the other two days.
There Choices made with the thought in mind that I can do this because I am going to feel so good. Plus, if I slide I will have to see it in print this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment