Thursday, January 27, 2011

Big People Choices, YUCK

Wow, the past few days have been pretty rough for me in the choice department. I have been having to make choices for another person. Now I know I have done that before, especially when my children were small, but that is what a parent does. We make choices for our children so that they can grow up safe and sound. When making choices for another becomes hard is when a child has to make Choices for their parents. It just seem so against all normal thinking, but that is exactly what I have had to do the past couple of days. My mom isn't doing so well, health wise. It kinda crept up on me, even tho I knew it would happen, but it was always going to be a tomorrow thing.I have had to make the choices about her life and it has been a hard. Do I bring her home and take care of her myself. Would that be best? Should we place her in a skilled nursing home or try and let her stay in the place she has called home for the last 5 years? These are all choices I have had to make. Not easy, but I know she made hard choices for me during my life so this is the least I can do for her. I love her so much and I know that is why these choices are so hard. These choices mean that her time on earth is drawing to a close. That is the Reality and I hate to face that reality. Mom you are the best.

1 comment:

  1. YOU are doing a great job. Grandma sure did raise a great lady! I know she loves you SOOO much, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete