Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Better Choices

Well here it is a whole summer later. I can't believe it has been since May that I have updated this blog. That was not a good "choice" but it was a choice never the less. So many things have gone on this summer and I have tried to make the choices that would put me in a positive place and for the most part I think I have been able to do this.
My son and daughter have made one of the best choices. They both made the choice to go to the temple and receive their endowments. It was a great day for our family. All my children were able to be at the temple that day. I sat there and looked at them all and I could see the eternities surrounding us, and us all being together. We were lucky enough to be surrounded by about 60 or more friends and family, what a day. I know this day didn't just happen. It was made possible by my son and daughter making some very tough but RIGHT choices, and working very hard. It took allot of faith and prayers for them both to know that this WAS the right choice for them. I know that I am sure grateful for the choice they both made.
Dad, had a rough summer. I wish I could have made it easier for him. In the end he was able to have his job returned to full time employment. Now he has to make sure that he makes the right choices so that we don't have to go through this again. This is one of the examples where the choices that are out of our control has a definite affect on us. So we need to make sure that we look at not only what our choices will do to us, but to take into consideration what effect it might have on our loved ones.
I have been having a hard time as of late and I am not sure exactly why or what choices I can make to help get myself back on top. I seem to be stuck in a bit of a depression. It just sort of happened. I have a good day here and there but for the most part I just don't have the energy to do much. I get up in the morning with the resolve to get allot done and accomplish something but breakfast and the dishes is about all I can do. I now have some understanding of others that go through this. It is hard and it is not something you can just snap your fingers and have it all better. I guess I just need to get on my knees and ask for help and guidance, and then try to make and stick to some positive choices. I think I need to make me a bit more of a priority. I have spent the last 34 years making sure everyone else is taken care of, I think I have forgotten how to really take care of myself. Wish me luck.
My son is now on his mission in Baltimore and I am so pleased that he made this choice. I know he will be such a great example to those he comes in contact with. This choice will really make a difference in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment