Friday, September 23, 2011

"WHEN SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO LET PEOPLE FALL"

I am struggling a bit with how to approach this post. I have had some things happen in the past couple of years that have made me reflect a bit on some hard choices people have to make in their lives.
Does a person ALWAYS help someone out when you know that they might just keep on making the same mistake. But you also know that if you didn't help them out it could mean that they could end up in jail, or have a really negative effect on the rest of their life. You know that your choice to help them makes it so they never have to face the consequences of their choices.
What to do, what to do. Should a person make the choice to stand back and let the chips fall,but be there to try and help pick up the pieces. Do you walk away and hope they learn a lesson without doing to much damage? I don't know!
A person wants the effect of the choices they make to help others to be postive, but when the only effect you see is the person continuing to dig deeper, you really begin to question your choice. I guess you just have to do what you think is right, talk to the person you are trying to help and wait and see. I guess the old adage, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME. I know I have a bit of the enabler in me, I like to think I have that magic want that makes it all better. I have come to realize lately that some choices I have made, have made things worse for people, and they don't even know it.
I guess I am going to make a decision to make the choice to let people make their own mistakes. (as hard as that is going to be) The only way we grow is to face our mistakes, make the choice to change, and then DO IT> If I bale people out, I am depriving them of the opportunity to grow and learn. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment