Friday, April 1, 2011

A Little Success

OK, here it is the first of April, now a person could make a whole bunch of choices today and then when they don't follow through they can just say it was all an April Fools joke. I am not going to be one of those persons. This past week has been pretty good, in the follow through with choices department. I have finally kept up with the diet and eating better dept. The drinking of eight glasses of water is about killing me,(anyone need to know where the best restrooms in Fallon are, just ask) but everyone keeps telling me that after the first week or so your body will get used to it and things will even out. I sure HOPE so. I have also been fixing better meals and eating earlier in the evenings. I feel better when I can eat around 5. It also makes it so a person can go outside and work dinner off a bit before going to bed. Guess what the exercising is finally off the ground too. I have been able to get on the elliptical for a few minutes a couple times a day. I read in the "17 Day Diet" that if you will just exercise just 15 to 17 min a day it will make a different. So that choice is less overwhelming than 45 min. Trying to make it longer each time. Now that the weather is better I am going to get on the bike. Trying to make the choice of whether to try a garden again this year. Our water is so salting that I think that is what is killing everything. Might try the container gardens that the girls keep talking about. That way I can bring in some different soil, and run the water through the compost tea maker we have. Again more of those choices to make. It has been a while since I have done a complete deep clean of our house including shampooing the carpets. So I have made the choice that I am going to try and get this done this spring. I figure if I take one room and de-clutter, clean and spruce up stuff and then at least shampoo the living room and dining room (minus moving the china hutch, or maybe I will just to clean it out) I will be doing good. So since I have had success on follow through lately, lets all keep our fingers crossed that this choice will also find success. I have been working on getting our financial situation on better footing. Made the choice to try and get our house refinanced. Hope it all goes through because I was notified today that our payments will be going up 200.00 a month. yuck Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you mom! Hooray for all the great choices you have been making! It's very motivational. I've been doing a little better in the exercising deptartment as well. If only I could recall the after workout good feelings every time I try and talk myself out of it.

    ReplyDelete