Sunday, February 27, 2011

reflection on choices

Can't believe that February is almost over. That one really snuck up on me. With all that has gone on this month I really haven't had much time to digest the loss of my mom. The choices that were made concerning her memorial I think were good ones. We kept it very upbeat. My cousin played the organ before the service and it was great. Mostly 40's music that was great to listen too. We were able to find some great music to go with the slide show, so that turned out to be extra special. The services themselves turned out great. My siblings made the choice to speak from the heart about mom and it was great. Danelle and I made the final choice for mom today. We gave the final approval for the headstone. It will have her name and dates along with a pin cushion and spool of thread and the saying " Bestest mom and grandma in the world" I am going to miss her terribly but she is in such a better place. Now I just need to make the choices that will help me be more like her.
Trying to give a progress report on the choices I have made thus far. Not doing so well I am afraid. I am getting up early and getting ready for the day, but the exercise thing is still giving me fits. I just have to find someone to exercise with that won't let me off the hook.(Dad is too easy on me). I have got to get it done because I want to keep up with my grandkids and if the past couple of weeks is any indication of things to come, I won't last long with the kiddos. So once again I am making the choice to EXERCISE and will give weekly updates. keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment